Monday, July 16, 2007

Seve Retires

A really good article about the retirement of Seve Ballesteros can be found here.

I think anyone should be allowed to choose their own path no matter what others think. A lot of people are sad or disappointed that Seve is retiring at such a young age, but it's his life and he knows best what he wants to do with it. I feel strongly about this kind of thing. When I graduated from high school people expected great things from me. But I just wanted enough money to meet my needs and give me just a few of my wants. And I didn't want to sell my youth to get it. So instead of passing the CPA exam and working for some high-powered accounting firm, I took a low paying accounting assistant job in which I would pretty much only work 40 hours a week. Sure, I may not have much money, but my quality of life I think is better for it.

This is another reason why I support Tadd Fujikawa's decision to turn pro. Just because everyone else has an opinion, doesn't mean they are right. And I would like to point out that this article about Seve mentions that he turned pro at 16. Gee, anyone out there think he should have waited?

No comments: