Sunday, July 22, 2007

A Letter To Sergio Garcia

Well Sergio, here we are again. Another British Open and another non-win. This year was a different situation than last year. You had it in your grasp this year whereas last year, you would have had to play a phenomenal round to catch Tiger. So, what can you take away as positives this year? You finished second and in a playoff instead of T5 like last year. You led three of the four days. And you did what I asked last year - you separated yourself from Tiger Woods so I wouldn't have to watch him on tv, I could just watch you. And let's not forget the last time you played Carnoustie. This time has to make you feel really great compared to that.

I'm sure you have a laundry list of things you've learned from this final round so I'm not going to list any observations I may have made. Just know that when you get into contention again, I'll be there to cheer you on. Good luck next time.

No comments: