Sunday, July 22, 2007

British Open 2007

Well, it was disappointing to see Sergio lose. When he started making bogeys I decided I couldn't watch any longer so I turned the channel over to the golf channel. The infomercials were annoying so I turned the volume down. This turned out to be a good thing because I had to write a synopsis and query letter to send to publishers to submit my golf-themed romance novel to them - the silence allowed me to concentrate and get that done.

Results and Observations:

At least a European finally won so now they can all stop harping on the "when will a European win a major" topic.

Even with the belly putter, Sergio had two rounds with over 30 putts according to the Open leaderboard/statspage.

Andres Romero almost won the tournament. Good for him. Might have been nice to see back to back Argentinian major winners.

Miguel Angel Jimenez finished T12th.

I won't be able to watch the golf channel for a few days because everyone's going to be tearing Sergio apart over this final round performance. Hope there's something good on the Tennis Channel.

Speaking of the golf channel, they started advertising the PGA Championship this past week and said "watch Tiger go for his 13th major", so even the Golf Channel didn't think Tiger was going to win this week.

My other Picks:
Cabrera finished in 34th place at +3

Carl Petterson finished T45th at +6

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really thought the par putt Sergio hit on 18 was going in. In fact, I said so when he hit it. Funny game, golf. So tough to win that first major.