Friday, November 03, 2006

Tom Pernice Jr.

The Golf Channel has been playing bits of an interview given by Tom Pernice Jr. In these clips on the golf channel, Pernice says some very harsh things about Tim Finchem and the Fed Ex Cup. Now I haven't really liked Pernice ever since the US Open qualifying when he was so critical of Michelle Wie. But his comments about the Fed Ex Cup and Finchem were very bold and reminded me a lot of the Thomas Bjorn comments made after Woosnam made his Ryder Cup wildcard selections. Because of this I was ready to ignore everything Pernice was saying and just write him off as a hothead. But then he had to go and make a comment I agree with and ruin it for me. He said that missing the Tour Championship when you're not injured is a slap in the face to the tour. Like I said, I don't like Pernice all that well, but I do have to give him credit for saying something that no one else interviewed this week has had the nerve to say.

No comments: