Sunday, September 25, 2005

Yesterday's President's Cup

I'm late in posting my comments. I was dying my hair again last night. It came out better than Tiger's new Do. Anyway, here they are:

I like the Alternate Shot format. That's much more exciting to see how the team mate plays your game and vice versa. And it encourages more teamwork than just playing your own ball. As for the teams, Dimarco and Mickelson and Leonard and Verplank could be the next Love-Couples iconic pairing. It's great that they are doing so well. Tiger and Vijay are still competitive bordering on hostile at times. Good thing Jim Furyk was there to calm Tiger down a bit and remind him that it's team competition. I'm glad to see the NBC folks pointing out how great Jim Furyk did yesterday. It was one of those rare days that they weren't wearing the Tiger blinders and just mindlessly touting Tiger's greatness even though he kept missing his drives. There was some honest comentating yesterday. Goosen and Scott were phenomenal and as I've already alluded to, very easy on the eyes. I'm glad Goosen is doing well. It seems like after the US Open thing, everyone just started commenting on all his mistakes and never remarked on any of his good shots. True, he went through some rough patches after the US Open, but I think he won two tournaments back-to-back just recently. In the afternoon matches I was confused with the Couples and Love match. On the one hand, they were doing great, but on the other hand, they weren't doing great. It was weird. But it was great to see them paired together. Another handsome team. A lot was made about Vijay changing putters from one week to the next, but I think I saw Phil Mickelson change putters between the morning and afternoon matches. Maybe Phil should start using Michael Campbell's eyesight drills and leave the putter alone. I don't play golf but I would think putting has more to do with the green and less to do with the putter. Don't they all have a flat surface that hits the ball? I'm sure that's oversimplifying the game a bit :)

Ones to watch today:

Furyk vs Scott
Couples vs Singh
Dimarco and Whoever he's playing

No comments: