Friday, May 23, 2008

Not a Timely Post

Finally, I'm getting around to post about the Fittest Guy in America thing - the news story about Tiger being named the Fittest Man in America by Men's Fitness magazine. Before this morning, my comment would have been - if he's so fit why is he needing surgery on his knee. This morning, I was reading google news headlines about Tiger to see when he was going to play again (so I'll know what not to watch on tv) when I saw the following headline "Obama joins Tiger on list of fittest guys". I may not be a fan of Tiger's, but I find it objectionable to introduce politics into golf and for Obama's supporters to try to ride Tiger's coattails in a cheesy effort to get more votes. I like the following headline I saw much better: "Tiger Woods tops Barack Obama in men's magazine." It still introduces politics into golf, but at least it puts things into the right perspective: golf first, then politics. And it separates the two subjects rather than trying to join them together.

No comments: