Saturday, January 19, 2008

Tennis: The Other Sport

I haven't been watching much golf this week. I saw a little bit of the women's world cup, a little bit of Abu Dhabi, and a little bit of the Hope today, but mostly I've been watching the Australian Open tennis tournament. Today seemed like Roger Federer Week as they aired his 5 set match at least three times on two different networks. But this wasn't just because he's Roger Federer (You know, like the golf media treats Tiger). This was because the match was exceedingly good and because it's very rare that he's taken to 5 sets. I would like to give the networks the benefit of the doubt and say they aired the same match because there was a weather delay, but there are two courts with roofs there and I'm sure there was some tennis going on. Oh well, at least it wasn't a Williams Sister match shown three times. You'd expect that of the American media.

No comments: