Friday, November 02, 2007

Rose in the Lead

Justin Rose is in the lead half-way through the Volvo Masters. Good for him. I haven't heard or seen anything to tell me what he has to do to win the Order of Merit title, but winning the Volvo Masters should do it, I would think. I read something about Ernie Els whining that he couldn't play in Spain because he was contracted to play in Singapore - blaming the European Tour for the scheduling conflict. Gee, I'm sure the European Tour didn't get that memo that says "Check with Ernie Els, who doesn't play a whole lot on our tour, before planning the schedule." The European Tour's events present conflicts every week, depending on who the player is and where he wants to play. Most usually, there's an American tour event going on at the same time. Instead of Ernie just sucking it up and saying "Yep, I didn't see this year's successes coming when I signed that contract to play in Singapore" he's blaming others for his decision making. I'm not too impressed with that.

I would say that I hope Justin Rose wins the Volvo Masters, but Miguel Angel Jimenez is not too far behind. Hopefully, I will get to see some of this tournament this weekend.

As for the US Tour, I tried to watch some of it yesterday, but could only stand a couple of seconds of Kelly Tilghman's voice. I switched back over to the Tennis Channel.

No comments: