Thursday, November 22, 2007

Omega Mission Hills World Cup

How lucky am I that this is going on during my vacation from work? I get to watch the whole thing! Yippeee!!! I've been trying to see the course instead of the players since Jose Maria Olazabal designed the course. There's a lot of water and on some of the holes that have water, there are a bunch of bunkers between the fairway and the water. I'm guessing this might be for erosion purposes, but the bunkers did look pretty. And I'm not one who thinks bunkers make a course pretty. I like bridges and flowers, like the bridges at the Bridgestone Invitational and the flowers at the now non-existant International.

I don't know how coherent I'm going to be tomorrow. I'm getting up at about 3am to get ready to go with my parents to walmart at 4am to stand around and wait until the sale starts at 5am. Then I have to stay up and go to the post office when it opens later on in the day.

Thanksgiving Day at my house was pretty good. I had Winnie and PJ out of the pen all day so they could force Fritz to get used to them. He isn't yet. My parents came up and I cooked dinner for them. They brought ice cream and a single layer round chocolate cake for dessert. Mom borrowed my 4ft pre-lit Christmas tree for her house since my niece and nephew are coming up for Christmas. And we all took naps after dinner. One disappointment - The dog show that came on after the Macy's parade did not show the chihuahuas. They would have shown them on Animal Planet.

No comments: