Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Odds and Ends

I saw on the web where the European Tour has renamed the Order of Merit, changed the season ending event from Valderrama to Dubai- I think, and tossed a bunch of money up in the air for the competitors next year. I'm not sure I like the renaming of the Order of Merit or moving the 'tour championship' from Valderrama. I like tradition and the fact that Valderrama isn't a well-liked course. It gave the European Tour some quirky character.

The mailman left a pick up notice in my box for a package. He left the package at the post office. It reminded me of that commercial on the Golf Channel about new clubs delivered right to your door, "like it's your birthday. Gee Chip, ever get a new swing for your birthday?" Yeah, I watch too much tv, but to be fair, that commercial is very much overplayed. I didn't get my package delivered to my house, like they claim the golf clubs will be.

Tonight starts the World Cup event. I think it's on the Golf Channel at like 11:30pm eastern. Jose Maria Olazabal designed the course and Miguel Angel Jimenez won last week. This might be good for the Spaniards.

I read on Golfblogger's website that the Skins Game is also on this weekend. I'll have to find out when and where. Fred Couples is returning to action for the first time in many months. Hopefully, he is healthy and will win many skins.

No comments: