Thursday, March 15, 2007

A Very Excellent Interview with Sergio Garcia

By Dave Shedloski
PGATOUR.com Senior Correspondent

ORLANDO, Fla. -- If you think it's hard to believe that Sergio Garcia is in his ninth year as a professional golfer, then try to imagine how the still-young but ever-wiser Spanish sparkplug feels.

"It's quite funny," Garcia mused Thursday after his opening 66 in the Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by MasterCard. "I look back and I think ... it feels like I was 19 three years ago, but I've been out here almost nine years now. It feels like three years ago I just started, so it's gone really quickly."

....................................... CLICK HERE FOR THE WHOLE INTERVIEW .......................................

(about Bayhill)

"Anything that premiums accuracy off the tee, I think it's great. I've always said it; I enjoy the tournaments where the winning score is somewhere between 5 and 6 under and maybe 12 (under). Those, to me, are the best challenges for us, because you have to play well. It's not just a putting contest. It's nice to see the courses shaped up this way."

The courses have shaped up this way for several weeks now. PGA TOUR tests have been consistently more difficult, particularly during the Florida Swing. Garcia just smiled at that observation.

"Who cares? The game was not meant to be easy."

No comments: