Saturday, March 03, 2007

Honda Classic: A True Contest

Well, no runaway leaders this week which makes for a more interesting tournament to watch. And I like the fact that they made the course a par 70 for the tournament. Let the players have all their high tech equipment. They need all that plus talent to play well this week.

So far there's only one thing annoying me: the overuse of the phrase 'the bear trap'. I get it. By now, we ALL get it.

And I noticed in the hit counter stats that someone came here looking for a reason for Nick Faldo's absence from the Golf Channel's coverage of the Honda Classic. I haven't seen anything official, but my personal suspicion is that when Johnny Miller covers the weekends, we probably won't be seeing Nick Faldo on Thursday or Friday. I think there was one exception which was the Matchplay, but with other tournaments that NBC provided weekend coverage for, I'm pretty sure we didn't see Faldo. Which would mean Faldo would be free for post game and pre game shows on the Golf Channel. There's no reason why Faldo Fans should be deprived of his ..... well, you get the point.

No comments: