Sunday, May 07, 2006

A Literary Void

You all might not have guessed, but I am an avid romance novel reader. I read at least one a day (well, one in about 3 hours stretched out thru the workday). Recently, Harlequin made a deal with NASCAR and they will now be publishing NASCAR themed romance novels. I want to know where the PGA Tour themed romance novels are! Why should I read about Dale Jr when I could be reading about Sergio Garcia??!! He is so much hotter than Jr. I may just have to write one myself and try to get it published. Now that I have the golf channel for all my research, I think I could write a contemporary golf themed romance novel. I did write a historical romance novel once. I submitted it and everything. The rejection letter was very polite. A couple years later I actually read the manuscript and realized that it sucked. But I finished it and submitted it which is a lot more than some people have done in their lives.

1 comment:

Sarah5 said...

What a great idea! There is definitely a void that you could fill.