Sunday, May 07, 2006

Jim Furyk Wins

Since the tournament was on tape delay on CBS, I decided to stay updated by watching the socres online. So, I was very anxious to see how Retief Goosen scored a 9 on the 18th hole. That was the one thing CBS should be showing since Immelman and Furyk played routine golf for the most part. But CBS didn't show Retief's 18th hole exploits. I can understand that they wanted to be done by 6pm eastern, but Retief making a 9 was very newsworthy. As for the winner and playoff and such - I would have liked to have seen Immelman win since it would have been his first win on the PGA tour, but I can appreciate Jim Furyk's win as well. He got beat a couple weeks ago and he lost in a playoff last year, so it was a good win for him.

One last comment - my satellite dish was experiencing technical difficulties and did not show any of the local channels. So, I had to watch the golf on my 13in color tv which is hooked up to the regular broadcast antenna, instead of my 27 inch tv. I was lucky to see any of it. Dish network should give me a credit next month on my bill.

No comments: