Sunday, February 05, 2006

Tiger Can't Turn His Back For a Second

Tiger leaves the country for a week and Jim Nantz and crew give his Greatest Golfer in All the World title to J.B. Holmes. My favorite part was when Jim Nantz said something to the effect of "I don't want to get too swept away by all the hyperbole..." This was after they had already said they hadn't seen anything like J. B. Holmes since Tiger's debut in 1996. Give me a break! They saw spectacular things last year from Sean O'Hair and Jason Gore. There are spectacular events every year in whatever sport you watch. I think it's a little premature to try to equate what Tiger's done in the last 10 years with what J. B. Holmes' future could be. And this from a Non-Tiger fan. J. B Holmes did have a spectacular tournament and I could very easily become a big fan of his. He's a good ole boy type like the guys here at home. But after watching O'Hair and Gore struggle this year after having great years last year, I'm going to wait and see what happens this year.

No comments: