Sunday, January 01, 2006

Preliminary Thoughts on the Mercedes Championships

First, I'd like to say that the writer of the article in the previous post had some really good points about Woods' and Mickelson's 'reasons' for not playing in certain events. Second, I can't wait to see the players who will be playing in this tournament. They are all exciting and I'm especially looking forward to seeing the first time winners play. I hope Brad Faxon does well. I think he had some surgery late in the year last year. Here's a list of everyone I'll be watching: Jason Gore, Brad Faxon, Sergio Garcia, Lucas Glover and Sean O'Hair.

Here's the complete list as PGA Tour's website had it at post time:

Stuart ApplebyJason BohnOlin Browne
Bart BryantMark CalcavecchiaMichael Campbell
K.J. ChoiBen CraneBrad Faxon
Fred FunkJim FurykRobert Gamez
Sergio GarciaLucas GloverJason Gore
Justin LeonardPeter LonardSean O'Hair
Geoff OgilvyKenny PerryTim Petrovic
Carl PetterssonTed PurdyWes Short, Jr.
Vijay SinghHeath SlocumVaughn Taylor
David Toms

With this list of top players, I doubt I'll find a second to think of Mickelson or Woods this week.

No comments: