Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Hey, Me Too

I just read this article which reports Jose Maria Olazabal will miss the Masters this year due to his rheumatism problems. I'll be missing the Masters too but for a different reason. I have no plans to watch Tiger play. And Olazabal may actually be one of the lucky golfers by not being there to have to deal with the media circus that will undoubtedly converge on Augusta. The non-sports media may not be allowed on the grounds, but the Masters people can't control the whole town and surrounding areas. I'm sure the golfers competing this year will have to deal with a bunch of media nonsense.

And really, is the Masters really the best time for Tiger to return? Women go there to protest the unequal treatment of not being allowed to play the course. Tiger's not exactly Mr. Respect the Woman these days. I can't see this going well. Good thing I'll be missing it.

1 comment:

Nathan Blake said...

You have a good point. They say Tiger choose the Masters for his return because of the tight security but there will be a media circus anyway. I agree he will be a major distraction to the sport and the event.