Monday, June 22, 2009

Glover Wins the US Open!

In another effort that highlights Tom Lehman's bad decision to not pick Glover for the 2006 Ryder Cup (Glover could have really produced some good golf if he'd been on the team), Lucas Glover wins his first major today. I've been a fan of Glover's ever since his first win a few years ago. He reminds me of Elvis, believe it or not.

David Duval finished T2. He was in the lead for a few minutes today and I was really pulling for him. I don't know what his earnings are going to be through this event, but hopefully he's close to securing his card for the year.

Ross Fisher did really well as well. I would have also liked to have seen him win.

Ian Poulter (check him out on Twitter) had the goal to go out and shoot as low as he could in this final round and I think he did that with a -3 final round. I think that's the low round of the final round.

I started watching the final round after Tiger finished and I was not disappointed in what I saw. It was a very competitive, nail-biting round and more tournaments should have this kind of excitement.

I picked a good day to take off from work. I had no idea when I scheduled this vacation day that there would be some golf to watch.

No comments: