Friday, April 18, 2008

Speaking of the Ryder Cup

I mentioned it below and I have one more observation to make. I haven't seen on the internet news any great passion of the European players to concentrate on making the Ryder Cup team this year. Admittedly, I'm not watching much of the Golf Channel so it could be that they are giving all kinds of interviews on that network and I'm just missing them. But, I haven't seen much on the web about them and I have to wonder if maybe some of the top players that were on the team last time might not really want to be there this time because of Faldo. Sure, Olazabal wants to be there if he's playing well and I think I've heard Ian Poulter and Justin Rose talk about it. I just wonder if maybe some of the players from the 2006 team are secretly non-upset (can't bring myself to say happy) that their game isn't where it needs to be to be in prime position on the points lists.

No comments: