Friday, April 18, 2008

Hey, Golf's On......

I haven't seen much of the golf this week. When I come home from work, I watch BBC America which has the You Are What You Eat show on and then the How Clean Is Your House show. By the time they go off, golf is off too. So, I've been checking out the European Tour and PGA Tour leaderboards. I saw some strange looking flag beside a player's name on the ET leaderboard but unfortunately when I clicked on the player's bio, they didn't have a bio so I still don't know where the guy comes from. I'll have to do more research later. As for the PGA Tour, Lucas Glover is leading after two rounds. Nick Dougherty is playing in America this week as is Niclas Fasth and Richard Sterne. Davis Love, Brett Quigley and Lee Janzen all made the cut. Paul Azinger missed the cut. Wonder if that's karma at work. He said some things about Faldo that didn't get reported in a positive light. Faldo laughed them off and said that he and Azinger were friends, which if Azinger did say those things as reported on purpose, he's probably really steaming mad that Faldo didn't take the bait. Who knows what was said and what wasn't. I have a feeling that the media is going to do its best to ruin this year's Ryder Cup because Azinger and Faldo are so accessible.

Lorena Ochoa is playing this week and is in contention. As usual. They were talking on the LPGA coverage about how Laura Davies needs two more points to be eligible for the Hall of Fame and that Lorena has already earned a spot there provided she plays on Tour for three more years. It makes you wonder how someone as famous as Laura Davies still needs to do more to qualify.

No comments: