Thursday, April 13, 2006

First Round Observations

I always liked the Heritage tournament. I remember Hale Irwin, Payne Stewart, and Davis Love always doing well there. Today, Brad Faxon and Paul Azinger did pretty well. Vaughn Taylor did really well with a 63. Nick Faldo didn't do well at all. Camillo Villegas is back this week and Jose Maria Olazabal is still here. This will be a good tournament to watch. I hope I get to see a lot of it. Phoebe keeps me pretty busy with the housebreaking. Don't ask how it's going.

As for the LPGA event, I'm watching a bit of it now. Some really good players are playing this week. Two things I'd like to say about the ladies: 1. It annoys me when they have their caddies line them up on the tee. You don't see Steve Williams lining Tiger up. 2. Why would a woman want to play on the men's tour when it gets hot? She would probably have to wear pants and that is just too uncomfortable in 90 degree heat.

No comments: