Saturday, November 21, 2009

Wow, It's Here...

The end of the Race to Dubai on the European Tour. I haven't been following golf these last couple of weeks (no coincidence that it was while Tiger was playing) and the final tournament on the European Tour this year just snuck up on me.

They are playing the Dubai World Championship this week. I have no idea what the stats are and who needs to do what to win, but I would like to point out that there are no Americans in the tournament. Later I will re-visit my predictions I made for the year 2009.

I did see that Sergio was in the top 10 so far in the tournament and Miguel Angel Jimenez is T11 right now. It looks like Rory McIlroy and Lee Westwood are at the top of the rankings, battling for the top spot.

Of all of the players competing this week at the Dubai World Championship, I would like to single out Gareth Maybin. It looks like this is his first year on the European Tour after gaining entry through the Challenge Tour last year. To have ended up in the top 60 is a huge achievement.

No comments: