Saturday, April 07, 2007

Like a Steinbeck Novel

The third round of the Masters for me was like trying to read a Steinbeck novel. Very boring and very long and you can only think 'gee they need to end this, I have a load of laundry to put in the washer."

I don't think every tournament should be all about birdies and have scores like 20 under par or anything, but if no one does well, then I think something needs to be changed. In this case, I think it might be sucky players rather than a tricked up course causing the damage.

I probably won't watch the final round tomorrow. It's too depressing. I'll just check in on the leaderboard online every so often.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Miranda, I totally agree with your premise, even though I like John Steinbeck. In fact, maybe I'll re-read Grapes of Wrath during tomorrow's final round. I think the Joad family actually had a bit more spark to them than those sad-faced pros trudging across Augusta National today.