Saturday, November 19, 2005

A Rose By Any Other Name

Some of you might know that my parents have moved out of the house and I now live alone. (yay!) Well, I've always wanted a home that I could name, like those old plantations and all those old places in England and such. For a long time I've thought about what that name might be and could never really come up with an appealing choice. Well, this week I found a good name for my house, and I have the World Golf Championships to thank for it. Vilamoura sounds perfect. Don't know what it means, but I guarantee at least 99 Percent of the people here in WV won't know what it means either. I hope no one tries to sue me for this :)

While I'm on the subject of names, I found this cool website that lists many, many golf courses and has broken the list down into cute categories. It makes you think about the people who names these courses. Check out Fun With Golf Course Names.

No comments: