Wednesday, November 02, 2005

A Response to the Pro-Am Story

I have never been to a PGA event. I had always figured tickets would be expensive, although recently I have checked out the websites of some of the events and found ticket prices very reasonable. However, I have been thinking of going to the Memorial Tournament this coming year. I plan to check out the schedules for the Senior Tour, the Regular Tour and the Nationwide Tour to see what events are close to me here in WV. After reading the Pro-Am story and finding out that Sergio Garcia signed autographs for fans the whole time he was out there, I'm thinking I really should go to one of these tournaments. The next problem would be getting up the courage to ask for an autograph. I couldn't even speak to Tom Wopat (Luke Duke from the Dukes of Hazzard) when I stood in the autograph line at a county fair years ago. Maybe I could just wear a shirt with "May I please have your autograph?" written across the front and back. LOL!

2 comments:

Sarah5 said...

I find it hard to ask for autographs too, but going to an event is well worth the experience. I like the T-shirt idea. I believe the Nationwide's Pete Dye event is on an interesting course near Bridgeport, WV.

Miranda said...

The Pete Dye event is in WV and had I known about it and Jason Gore before that week, I might have made plans to go this year. But I had just gotten back into watching golf right around that time and didn't know. I might go next year.