Sunday, May 29, 2011

A New Number 1

Luke Donald finally captured the world's Number 1 ranking today with a win at the BMW PGA Championship in England. I'm loving this era of golf in which we get treated to not just one number one player in the world but a few.  Westwood, Kaymer, Donald. It's exciting to see this volatility in the rankings. I think it makes the sport healthier and bodes well for its future. And I would just like to point out that not only is Luke Donald the world #1, he's also leading the Race to Dubai rankings on the European Tour and is #2 on the Fed Ex Cup points list. That's darn near a tri-fecta and as close to perfect as we've seen in a long, long time.

1 comment:

1995 Ford F Series Trucks AC Compressor said...

Hi, cool post. I have been thinking about this topic,so thanks for sharing. I will probably be subscribing to your blog. Keep up great writing!!!