Sunday, September 17, 2006

Results from Europe

Paul Casey won the Matchplay event and took over the #1 spot on the Order of Merit. I have to confess I was cheering for Casey. The more I see of him, the more of a fan I become. I just hope he can continue his good play through to the Ryder Cup matches.

Ian Poulter won the Open de Madrid (a.k.a. the tournament with the longest name). Jose Maria Olazabal finished T8 with a 5 under par round, moving up from T19. Padraig Harrington had a good tournament as well. I was disappointed that the tv coverage of Saturday's round did not include Olazabal's hole in one. They only showed him accepting the car, a SAAB convertible. He was pretty happy though, which was nice to see. I did get up at 2am to turn the satellite dish receiver on so I could record the third round. I'll probably get up again tonight to do the same for the final round, even though tomorrow is a work day.

No comments: