Sunday, September 03, 2006

Finally, Spaniard Watch Tennis Commences

Unfortunately, I was watching a different Spaniard than who I expected. I spent about three hours watching Fernando Verdasco play Andy Roddick. I did see some of Rafael Nadal. And I hear Carlos Moya will be playing James Blake tonight.

The big event of course was Andre Agassi's final match. He took so long to say his thanks to the fans that even I started crying. I couldn't watch much of the match because I could just tell he was in pain and I hated that for him. I'm not taking down my poster. It will stay on my wall and if I ever move, it comes with me.

Announcer Observations (Yes, I have some issues with the tennis announcers too)

Pam Shriver said of David Nalbandian that he might as well use one of his challenges since he has three and it was in their final set of the match. So, he uses one and he's wrong. She says, "that's a wasted challenge." She needs to actually listen to what she says. Come to think of it, all announcers should listen to what they say. Then she said that Rafael Nadal was struggling. At the time, he was ahead one set and on serve in the second. Yeah, he was having trouble all right. He won that match in straight sets. I'm beginning to think Pam Shriver is the Lanny Wadkins of Tennis.

No comments: