Sunday, June 29, 2008

Darn My Luck

I was looking around the Buick website today and checked out the Tiger's Clubhouse thing. I found out that I could have a free weekly grounds pass to the Bridgestone Invitational just for being a Buick owner. I have already bought my tickets. I haven't gotten them yet. They should be mailed out sometime this coming week, hopefully.

I like my car so much that I go outside to just look at it. Today I went out and decided to get some exercise while I was out, so I walked circles around the car for about 40 minutes. It's such a pretty car. I do have a new problem with it. The idiots at the DMV sent me my new license plate for it, but it has a 2006 sticker on it. Completely expired. Even though there was a DMV office open yesterday, they did not have a phone number listed anywhere on the internet, so I did the only thing I could do - I emailed the Commissioner of the West Virginia DMV and told him about getting the expired sticker and asked what I had to do to fix it. It will probably cost me money, although as it was a mistake on their end, it shouldn't. If there's a way they can track which employee did it, I would be happy to pay to get another sticker as long as that employee gets suspended for a week or two without pay. It isn't like we have DMV offices on every corner in our state. I have to drive at least 30 miles to get to one. That's a long way to go to correct a mistake made by the DMV.

I'm watching the Buick Open this week, mostly to see the Buick commercials and the cars on the course. David Feherty's back and it's a shame he doesn't have Tiger there - he has to actually leave the hyperbole at home this week and call the golf action as the rest of us see it. Back to the commercials, there's one Buick commercial where they show my car! Well, not exactly my car, but it looks just like it.

No comments: