Friday, May 23, 2008

Completely Pathetic

I was watching the Colonial coverage today and the golf channel people announced that it was on Tiger's website that he wasn't going to play next week. Well, I thought that would be the end of it. But, no. The Golf Channel people kept holding their breath, like some school girl waiting for the phone to ring on a Friday night, hoping Tiger would change his mind. It was pathetic. And it was completely insulting to the Memorial and all the participants. They were in effect saying that the tournament didn't mean anything if Tiger wasn't going to be there. If Tiger puts it on his website then I'm sure that's the final answer. I've never met the man and I figure he means what he says. The golf channel people kept saying "he's got thirty minutes after the end of play today to commit..." That was well after he'd already made the announcement on his website.

No comments: